2019 Holiday Event Charity Application
The SITE Southern California Community Outreach Committee invites you to submit a proposal to receive a donation from our upcoming 2019 SITE SoCal Holiday Event. For the past twenty years, SITE Southern California has held a fundraiser to benefit our local community. The Charity Event will include a Live and Silent Auction in beautiful Palm Springs this coming December 8–10.
Our mission statement for this event is:
“To benefit small, grassroots, non-profit organizations, with little to no overhead, where the majority of the money received will go directly to the cause and benefit Southern California communities.”
View our past Holiday Event Charities.
The Criteria For Consideration As A Site Socal Beneficiary Are:
- The organization must be an established California non-profit with IRS 501 c3 status.
- The organization must fall within the scope of our mission statement: “To benefit small, grassroots, non-profit organizations, with little to no overhead, where the majority of the money received will go directly to the cause and benefit Southern California communities”.
- The organization needs to be ‘small’ enough that donated funds would make a significant difference to the lives of its recipients. We focus on charitable organizations that do not already receive large corporate or government funding.
- The funds must be spent within the calendar year of 2020.
- The organization must be fiscally responsible and fully accountable for how the money will be spent over the next year by providing three (3) quarterly reports in 2020 as to how the money has been used to benefit the lives of the organization’s recipients.
Potential Gift Income
We cannot guarantee the amount of funds our event will generate. In previous years, the average recipient has received between $10,000 and $35,000. Funds will be distributed in the first quarter of 2020.
In addition, please note there will be an area to upload additional documents that would help illustrate your organization from photos, letters of recommendation, marketing collateral, etc.
- You must be available to attend the SITE SoCal Holiday Event in Palm Springs on December 8th – 10th. We will provide to you two (2) seats, a complimentary hotel, a 6 ft. table for showcasing your organization and approximately five (5) minutes of time on stage during the dinner for live testimonials and a video presentation.
- Be prepared to produce a video five minutes or less that will be used on stage at the Holiday Event. Cost to produce the video would be your expense, video is subject to committee approval.
Give Back Get Back - “Hands-On Opportunity”
In additional to the Holiday Event, we will have an additional opportunity for our members to participate in a “hands-on” event. This event is in addition to, and separate from, being a recipient of the funds. In the past we have made blankets, capes for kids, built gingerbread houses for an upcoming event, wrapped gifts, assembled vanity kits, etc. The event will be approximately 2-3 hours, must operate within a ballroom at the hotel and there will be approximately 500 people participating on a flow.
Give Back Get Back – Donation Drive
In additional to the Holiday Event, we will have an additional opportunity for a donation drive for our members to bring donation items to you. Please provide examples of items in need that your recipients need that would make an impact for your organization.
To Apply For Consideration
The SITE Southern California Community Outreach committee will review each proposal and may ask for more details. Personal and/or phone interviews may be set up in September 2019 for the semi-finalists. The ultimate decision will be announced by October.
Please apply online NO LATER THAN AUGUST 1, 2019
We look forward to learning more about your organization and thank you for applying to our request for proposal.
SITE SoCal Community Outreach