2018 SITE SoCal Board Nominations OPEN

Many of you have had a chance to “Reveal Your Story” with SITE SoCal. I’m reaching out to you, our dedicated, enthusiastic, outstanding members, to take your membership with SITE SoCal into the next chapter by nominating yourself, or someone you know who would be a good asset, to a position on the 2018 SITE SoCal Board of Directors.

Our SITE SoCal Board of Directors are constantly working to provide more opportunities for you to continue telling your story now and for many years to come. I’ve had a chance to reveal my story by engaging as much as possible to maximize the benefits of SITE SoCal membership. What began as volunteering to be a “human arrow” for the 5k at our annual holiday event, leads to my honor and excitement today as I plan to serve you and the chapter as 2018 President. Along the way, I was given recognition, growth, education, and leadership skills. I’m truly grateful, and finding these opportunities for those who are involved will continue to be a commitment of mine.

Being a part of the SITE SoCal Board is a chance for members to:

• Represent Southern California in the SITE local and global communities
  • Make an impact on the incentive travel industry
  • Maximize your own SITE SoCal Membership, and contribute ideas and input to add value and benefits to other members

SITE SoCal is the largest chapter in the SITE global organization and we continue to grow with over 300 members. This is an active Board that requires active participation from all leaders involved to support each other and our members. Being on the board does take time, and I have found the benefits are well worth the time commitment.

We are also an award winning chapter! In September we will send in our submission for SITE Chapter of the Year and Excellence Awards for the judges to review. Results will be announced at the SITE + MPI Global Forum in Rome, Italy in January. Our chapter won Chapter of the Year in 2015 and 2005, and the following awards for excellence: Special Event in 2016, 2014, 2013, 2011, 2009, 2006, 2004 & 2002, and Membership in 2012.

A brief overview of position descriptions can be found on the nomination form. More information and details on what each position entails will be discussed during the interviews that the nominating board will conduct with potential candidates. Please know that if time does not allow for your full commitment to the board at this time, we will be announcing committee roles and volunteer opportunities for project-based tasks in the near future. Board nominations are due by August 25th and phone interviews will take place during the first three weeks of September. The preliminary date for the results of the nominations is Thursday, September 29th. A board retreat is planned tentatively for early December 2017 and all new board members will be strongly encourage to attend.

Geraldine Gatehouse (Past President), currently serving as VP of Strategic Development, will be heading up the nominating group comprised of myself, President Jamie Oakley, Darrell Benning (Past President), Connie Reeves, Diane Herrmann, John Ehlenfeldt (Past President), and facilitated by our Executive Director, James Vertovec. Many thanks to these dedicated individuals for their time and support to find a great chapter leadership team for 2018.

We look forward to hearing from you and welcome your contributions to the continuing story of SITE SoCal.

View/download pdfSITE SoCal Nomination Form 2018(252.78 KB)

Nomination deadline is August 25, 2017

Sincerely,

Mandy Brown
2017 President Elect