We Need Your Leads – Charity of Choice – SITE Holiday Event
2017 SITE SoCal Holiday Gala
Silent and Live Charity Auction
November 30, 2017
For the past seventeen years, SITE Southern California has held a fundraiser to benefit our local community. We cordially invite you to apply to be a recipient of funds raised through this event.
Our mission statement for this event is as follows:
“To benefit small, grassroots, non-profit organizations, with little to no overhead, where the money received will benefit Southern California communities.”
Our very successful event has raised considerable funds for organizations small enough that our donation makes a significant impact. In the past, we have supported such organizations as:
- Animal Rescue Without Boarders (ARWOB) - rescue organization operating in the Baja, Mexico and San Diego, CA areas to rescue, rehabilitate, and rehome cats & dogs.
- Megan’s Wings - provides help and services to families of children with cancer. It is our wish to ease the burdens of cancer on families and aid in the search for a cure.
- 2 Cans 2 Hands - Empowering at-risk individuals to excel and become self-sufficient by addressing both their immediate and long-term needs through extended job-skill training, education and career placement.
- CureDuchenne Cares Orange County - provides resources for families and caregivers on the standard of care for Duchenne including physical therapy, nutrition and equipment.
- Shades of Pink California Foundation - pay for basic living expenses such as housing, transportation, food, and other essentials of daily living.
- Frosted Faces Foundation - dedicated to delivering solutions to fulfill the promise of family and adequate veterinary care for senior animals whose love and lives are in jeopardy.
- Al Wooten, Jr. Heritage Center – Provides after school, summer, gang prevention, SAT-prep and other college readiness programs for the not-so-privileged youth of South LA.
- Greater Los Angeles Area Pets for Vets – Supports our veterans in healing the emotional wounds with trained shelter dogs.
- Beauty Bus – provides the “lift and gift of beauty” through their in home beauty and grooming services to men, women and children with chronic and life threatening illness.
- S.P.O.T. – Saving Pets One at a Time – Rescues and rehabilitates pets from shelters and finds loving homes for them.
- Miracles for Kids – Works to improve the lives of low-income families with critically-ill children.
- The San Diego Brain Tumor Foundation – Supports the San Diego Brain Tumor community by providing direct assistance to support the patients and families in San Diego.
- Bethany’s Gait – rescuing Children and Horses Together.
- Kristies’ Foundation – Assists critically ill children and their families.
- My Stuff Bags Foundation - partnered with SITE for a hands-on event, providing duffels with personal items for children in need.
- Orange County Youth Commission / Santa Ana Boxing Club – impacting the lives of over 600 at-risk youth every year.
- The Burn Institute - a San Diego County service for burn survivors, at a “Camp Beyond the Scars.”
- Buena Clinton Homework Club - which trains mainly Hispanic children after school in a project to learn English until their parent’s come home.
- Camp Laurel - a Los Angeles nonprofit that supports children affected and/or infected with HIV.
- La Calle - an Orange County organization focusing on improving the lives of high risk women through education and mentoring.
- Oasis of Hollywood - focusing on at-risk youth in Los Angeles County.
- Camp Alandale - a San Diego County camp for abused and neglected youth.
- Alisa Ann Rush Burn Foundation - Champ Camp, a week long summer camp for burned children.
- The D.O.L.L.S. - an organization that benefit children with severe life challenges.
- Red Wagon Foundation - an Orange County organization with no overhead, focusing on many different children and their respective needs.
- Horsemanship for the Handicapped - a free riding day for children in San Diego county focusing on many different children and their respective needs.
- Grants Wishes - offering second wishes to children that have been re-diagnosed with cancer.
The Criteria For Consideration As A SITE SoCal Beneficiary Are:
- The organization must be an established California non-profit with IRS 501 3C status.
- The organization must fall within the scope of our mission statement: “To benefit small, grassroots, non-profit organizations, with little to no overhead, where the money received will benefit Southern California communities”.
- The organization needs to be small enough that donated funds would make a significant difference to the lives of its recipients. We focus on charitable organizations that do not already receive large corporate or government funding.
- The funds must be spent within the calendar year of 2018.
- The organization must be fiscally responsible and fully accountable for how the money will be spent over the next year by providing three (3) quarterly reports in 2018 as to how the money has been used to benefit the lives of the organization’s recipients.
Potential Gift Income
We cannot guarantee the amount of funds our event will generate. In previous years, the average recipient has received between $10,000 and $35,000. Funds will be distributed in the first quarter of 2018.
Be as detailed as you like in your proposal, including letters of recommendation and photos to illustrate your purpose. Please also include the following:
- History of the organization
- Purpose and mission statement
- Documentation that you meet the requirement of non-profit with IRS 501 3C status
- Website, if applicable
- The population you serve
- How the money received would be used, and how you would account to SITE SoCal for your expenditures
- Please add anything else you would like us to know about your group’s needs
- A copy of the latest tax return for the organization.
- We would like you to attend one luncheon/meeting prior to the Holiday Gala to share details of your organization with our members. Dates and locations have yet to be established, but would fall between August and November. This would be complimentary.
- You should plan to be available to attend the Gala Dinner in Beverly Hills on Thursday, November 30, 2017. We will provide to you two (2) seats at the dinner, a discounted hotel room rate if needed, a 6 ft. table for showcasing your organization and approximately five (5) minutes of time on stage during the dinner for live testimonials and a video presentation.
“HANDS-ON OPPORTUNITY” DURING THE NOVEMBER EVENT
In additional to the Holiday Gala, we may also have an additional opportunity for our members to participate in a “Hands-on” event during the afternoon of December 1st in Beverly Hills. This event is in addition to, and separate from, being a recipient of the Gala Funds. It is a possible additional opportunity for your organization to have our members get involved with your organization – if you feel there is a benefit to having a “hands-on” event. The event will be approximately 2-3 hours, must operate within a ballroom at the hotel and there will be approximately 250 people participating. “Hands-on” events in the past have included the following:
In 2008 and 2009, SITE SoCal partnered with an organization called My Stuff Bags Foundation for our “Hand-on” event, which consisted of SITE SoCal members gathering for an on-SITE event. My Stuff Bags brought enough materials to our event so that 100 people could stuff the contents of 1,000 bags that were then donated to children.
In 2010, Feet First Entertainment provided a terrific teambuilding experience, giving all participants the opportunity to create replicas of famous statues, buildings and landmarks utilizing canned goods. The canned goods were then donated to area food banks.
In 2011, SITE SoCal gathered to help the Orange County Youth Commission wrap Holiday gifts; stuff bags with candy, made Christmas cards for the children to give to their mothers, and collected Target gift cards for the older youth.
In 2013, SITE So Cal gathered together to create no-sew blankets for Frances Kitchen Project, which assists with the nutritional and social needs of the poor and disadvantaged people in Mexico. And, at the same time created dog toys for the German Shepherd Rescue of Orange County.If you have an idea for our organization to hold a “Hands-on” event, please include it in your RFP.
To Apply For Consideration
The SITE Southern California Community Outreach committee will review each proposal, and may ask for more details. Personal and/or phone interviews may be set up in August 2017 for the semi-finalists. The ultimate decision will be announced by late September/early October.
Please forward your proposal along with a copy of your IRS 501 3C status and either your latest tax return or a current financial statement NO LATER THAN AUGUST 18, 2017 to:
We look forward to learning more about your organization and thank you for replying to our request for proposal.
You may download this Request for Proposal(127.92 KB)